What caps are these????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those 1.8 mH inductors must have at least 0.17 ohms resistance, otherwise the resulting LC system will resonate like crazy at 10Hz, and when excited with the proper audio signal this will probably result in overvoltage to the capacitors and the amplifier.

Inductor saturation current must be also taken into account, since they will stop filtering after this current level is reached. CLC filters are probably not well suited for beginners.

Thanks for reply guys!

I am thinking of purchasing some 14 AWG and winding four chokes using Barry's Inductor Simulation as guidence, which should give me a DCR of about .4ohms, If I was to cut four lenghts the same at 40m and wind these up I cannot imagine this being to difficult and the Inductance should be the same.
:rolleyes:

With this DCR and the alephx being constant current shouldnt this cause very low resonance?

Cheers
:)
Dan

hello!

Ive already found that link Jacco but unsure of the values I should be using, maybe someones got a template I can use!!!

I have another question....
Finding a 600va 18-0-18v for my mono is impossible in this country and shipping one from Austrailia is not a option I want to use yet...Instead I found this pic from Kristijan k which I would use two 300VA 18-0-18v, parallel up the primary and then either just parallel the secondaries before going into the two bridge rectifier.....

Or as the pic shows having the secondaries each going into a bride rectifier (four Bridges per mono) first then parallel them up..

So my Question... Whats your thought on this????????????

Cheers
Dan:)

Attachments

• power supply.gif
    power supply.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 126
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.