had a weird problem with uc2825 / sg3525

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm making a new smps so i've tested the PWM chips with my new scope :cool:

and something weird was happening :
output B was ok and output A had spikes only , no square wave :eek:
i tried both the sg3525 and the uc2825 and the same thing was happening , only one output is working :xeye: and it was output B on both chips ...
i've changed the chips million times , and was going like :bawling:

finally i found the problem :drink: , i used 2 regular BNC cables with the scope , i've changed one to a 60mhz probe and it started to work :eek: .
now i have couple questions :

both outputs of the chip are identical ,how can it be that out B is working with normal probe and out A isnt?:confused:
the same is happening with sg3525 ...

update :
i have added a 1K resistor in series with a normal BNC and it worked fine :eek: , what is going on here ? :bawling:
also , do u think i've damaged the chips?

i figured out what was the problem .....
i used an old pc power supply and didnt use any caps on the Vcc pin of the chip , so when i was connecting the probe the signal stopped because in a split of a second the voltage dropped because of the load (the probe) and the chip entered under voltage lockout condition :)
it started to happen on output b also , then i figured it :)

now all working fine , even with a regular probe :)
so i didnt damage anything :cool:

What size cap did you use

I'm having the same problem, however I do not have a 60 Mhz probe. Should the circuit have a cap across the battery line, and if so what size. Also the SG3525 get loaded down with the scobe probe :bigeyes: but ok. That just seems kinda strange but ok. Any help with the circuit I will be more than happy.

Thank you:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.