supply-splitting: TLE2426 alternatives?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I want a dual supply from a single battery. In my previous circuit, I was very happy with the TLE2426 from TI, but now I'm searching a solution in SMT, which wil require few space.
Are there other (good) single chip solutions which can be used to power an op-amps?
The circuit to power is a stereo mic preamp and draws 6mA or less, with a voltage between +-1.5V and +-4.5V.

Attachments

• tle2426clp.png
    tle2426clp.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 718
oups! That's good news!

I was so sure it only existed in DIP and TO!
Probably I forgot about SOIC because when I checked the datasheet, I saw a 14pin SOIC package and didn't understand why - but in fact the package is SOIC8 and the drawing was just meant to be symbolic for the package type - silly me!

Thanks a lot for clarifying this for me, Wizard! :)

But, well, as three pins are NC, they could have packed it in a 5-pin package!
If anyone still can point me at other (maybe even more space economic) solution, I'd be thankful!

And, what R1 in the second schematic is for, I don't know, I found that circuit on the given site! I imagine that it is for damping the regulation.

Cheers!
Dominique

Dominique said:
If anyone still can point me at other (maybe even more space economic) solution, I'd be thankful!

I'm almost certain Maxim makes stuff that you'd like. I don't have much time roaming around their site, but go see there: http://www.maxim-ic.com/

They have a lot of components that are meant for battery-operated circuits in space-saving packages... So virtual grounds and inverters should be in their offering...

And, what R1 in the second schematic is for, I don't know, I found that circuit on the given site! I imagine that it is for damping the regulation.

I'd venture it is there to prevent oscillation; although I'm not sure what kind of oscillation could happen with a slow AOP in unity gain...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.