pulse generator for an inverter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi to all members an colleges in this forum
Am an amature in design but i hope to become perfect in the neer future so please may any one assist me.
I have been desgning an inverter operating on 50hz using SG3525 PWM as a driver for two o/p and using NE555 as an astable multivibrator to clock SG3525 am getting a problem that the o/p on pins 11&14 of sg3525 are 3.6vdc which produce very little power when driving IRFP250 to drive a transformer for o/p as compared to when used sg3525 internal oscillator why? please assist.

A more complicated way to do it, like commercial inverters, If you want AC power, just use the SG3525 at say 20 or 30khz, to drive a transformer to power an H-Bridge circuit. Then you can hook the load to an h-bridge, and drive that with a seperate 50 or 60hz oscillator. Gives you true AC out.

mbates14 said:
A more complicated way to do it, like commercial inverters, If you want AC power, just use the SG3525 at say 20 or 30khz, to drive a transformer to power an H-Bridge circuit. Then you can hook the load to an h-bridge, and drive that with a seperate 50 or 60hz oscillator. Gives you true AC out.

I agree.

He could make a circuit driving mosfets to drive a HF transformer at 20-30Khz or so such as found in a computer PSU. Connect the mosfets to the low-voltage side of the transformer, and the HV side will produce 160-200V which you would then connect to a bridge recifier and capacitor to turn to DC, which then 4 more mosfets in an H-bridge can be used to turn that int0 50/60 hz AC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.