Mmini regulator (sample offering)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
My friend designed two regulator with very small size. He is willing to offer PCB sample to member on diyaudio forum.

Dual regulator : SIZE: 82mm X 59mm
Positive regulator : SIZE: 65mm X 41mm
Supply voltage range : 5V -- 80V

here are the pics of the regulators:
dual
15VUMRDual.jpg

positive
PRO2Power.jpg

This is the PCB:
dual
NEWUMRDUAL.jpg

positive
pumr00f1.jpg

Schematic:
dual
UMRsch01.jpg

positive
PUMRsch01.jpg

The mounting on chassis:
UMRHT.jpg

each member from DIYAUDIO can ask for one sample PCB(dual or positive). Because the different voltage has different BOM, please tell me output voltage you need. Only 20pcs of samples for each reg.

Applyer only pays the registered airmail shipping fee 3.00USD.
My email address: coffin@diyzone.net

cheers

Coffin:smash:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
amplifierguru said:
Maaate - thought your luck had changed!

Sorry to say it looks like a nut to me.

cheers,
greg

Yeah, I was getting a bit excited, sorry, I'm not interested in nuts. ;)

hey Coffin,

I was only having a little joke, it is perfectly clear that a female screw is a nut. Sorry, I should have been a little more respectful.

I have examined the pcb's and so far I'll notice this:

The vias are pretty small. I'll think the inductance will be a but less with bigger holes, may not be critical here

Power traces are a bit thin because there are not short circuit protection.

The C9, C10 should be in place I'll think but C10 and C19 are totally unnecessary. The regulator will most likely oscillate.

The pcb has a whole groundplane and I'll think it would be wise to at least make some "ditches" to lead currents away from the opamp and the other sensitive parts.

The fastest opamp in the partslist is OPA637 and I don't know if fast won't work, like the AD825, but it might.

Despite my remarks, excellent looking pcb's. :up:, the same quality feeling as my pcb's :nod:

peranders said:
The C9, C10 should be in place I'll think but C10 and C19 are totally unnecessary. The regulator will most likely oscillate.
I ment C19 and C20 are not necessary.

The pcb's are really small, smallest so far but the price for this is standing parts and SMD parts on the solderside, not so productionfriendly.

jleaman, if you look here you'll see my complete dual supply super unit with transformer and everything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.