Mmini regulator (sample offering) - Page 23 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2010, 10:04 AM   #221
gasolin is offline gasolin  Poland
diyAudio Member

Hi Coofin,
Interested in a dual +/- 15Volt ,if it possible.
Thanks
Old 27th September 2010, 04:05 PM   #222
Piersma is offline Piersma  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Received the boards today in mint condition !

Thanks,
Piersma
Old 6th October 2010, 08:21 AM   #223
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello Coffin, I'm new to the forum and just spotted this thread. I would love to try one of the 5-30V dual boards and a positive 5-30V if any left. If not, please put me on the list to buy when they start selling.

I actually have a full dual rail Jung SR - style regulator breadboarded and working here (but no PC board) that I made for a LME49710/LME49600 headphone amp project. I made it using LME49710s (metal can to-99 version) for the regulator op amp and they work great - and I see LM49710's on your BOM for the board. I can just pull several of the parts off my breadboard and solder them right into the board. :-)

Congratulations to your friend on the design. I'm an EE, athough I'm wayyy out of date, and I've been stewing over design improvements on this thing for a few weeks now. I like your friend's transistor buffer on the level-shifter on the output of the op amp. I wanted to do something similar but hadn't come up with a workable design yet. I had used (another) LM329 in mine instead of the zener just because I could - it worked out perfectly with a 9V output. The LME49710 output hovers around 2.5v. That op amp is happy to within about 1.5v to the rails for the given (light) load.

That differential design for the current source is really interesting. I've measured voltages on all points on mine with loads of 40mA, 250mA, and 450mA, and with input voltages (from dual wall warts) of 12 and 24 (actually up to 14.5 and 24 with those things on light load). The current source feeding the pass transistor and zener definitely seems like the weak point on stability. I read through Jung's original articles the last few days and see he acknowledges that in the 2000 print. I've been trying to think up something more stable then the green led. At least I have it biased about mid way in the most-linear range after studying the datasheet graphs. Your friend's design should eliminate any added (to the LED instability) base-emitter variation on that source transistor.

Now I'm working on coming up with a design to replace the SR "pre-regulator" with a gyrator in the middle of a butterworth filter. :-) Just found something similar a person had posted a few years ago. I would love to see that kind of thing added to the board. The pre-reg appararently helps stabilize that current source. If the design is clever enough there may be a way to make the one transistor be both a pre-reg (feed it with a voltage reference - zener) and a gyrator. Then it could both fix a voltage across the reg pass trans and that current source *and* work as an active butterworth LP filter. Or something like that. :-)

Thanks!
-agdr
Old 31st March 2011, 11:32 AM   #224
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Hi Coffin, are these sample boards still available, I need a +- 15 volt reg?

thanks
Old 10th April 2011, 02:37 PM   #225
robmil is offline robmil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default 2SC3519 pass transistor

Hi Coffin

Can I use a smaller pass transistor, something like a BD139 if I don't require such a high current? I realise the pin outs are different but is the 3519 pass transistor just there for its 15A capability?

thanks

Rob
Old 18th April 2011, 12:36 PM   #226
quan is offline quan  Australia
diyAudio Member

HI Coffin- is sample still available?
Old 24th April 2011, 06:32 PM   #227
tubeing is offline tubeing  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi, if samples are still available, I'm looking for a good dual +12V/-12V reg...
Thanks in advance Coffin!
Stefano
Old 28th April 2011, 03:19 PM   #228
syklab is offline syklab  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi Coofin,
I know the sample board is not available for TW,HH and China, how can I buy a pair of them ?
Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 08:29 PM   #229
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

Coffin might be done with this thread... I never did receive a reply to my post above from last October. I had tried sending an email to the address he gives in the thread here too and didn't get a reply.

Too bad! Looks like it was an interesting board.
Old 6th January 2013, 03:58 PM   #230
coffin is offline coffin  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Hi

Sorry for late reply. The sample offering is finished.
What a shame.

cheers

Coffin

Hide this!Advertise here!