voltage-tripler diode values??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am building a power supply for David Royer's modified MXL 2001. I do not know what type or value of diode I should purchase for the voltage-tripler circuit? the schematic resides on prosoundweb.com at http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/tapeop/tube_mic_25_3.shtml.
I imagine they are rectifier diodes. What value of diode should I purchase? Does the rating have to be similar to the output of the transformer or above?
I would really appreciate help! I think everyone of you are awesome people! I look forward to the day when I can answer questions like this.
Thanks!

Any low cost 1A diodes from 1N4004 up should do since the large C values you are using means sizeable peak currents.

But the impedances and leakage for these mics are such that you could make a small oscillator running at 50KHz up, small fast diodes and C's of the order 1nF and still achieve the desired results - this approach is taken by at least one Hi End mic I have been involved with -all built into the mic body and running from the phantom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.