DIY Power Strip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
> 1. Surge Protector

MOVs are traditionally used for this.
You could also build a bandpass filter with a fundamental of 60Hz, this is what Corcom filters use.

> 2.AC voltage and Current meter

Digital or analog?

> 3.Reset circuit...

You should use a pre-made module for this. They are common and inexpensive

> 4.Phase indicator....etc

A flashing LED perhaps? maybe I'm mistaken as to what you're looking for.

HTH..

i think a phase indicator is only useful for 3 phase power... it ensures that the terminals are getting the right phase. i think you could make one with a transformer and 2 741 style op amps... but i will have to look into it.

an LED voltage meter can be constructed around the LM3914 bargraph chip and a step down transformer. you would have to rectify the AC into DC with a bridge rectifier, smooth it out with some caps, then measure it. it is pretty easy to get steps anywhere from .01v-2v with this chip.

if you wanted an LCD voltage meter, you can get $10 prebuilt voltage meter modules.

if you wanted a moving needle voltage display, youd need an op-amp and a lot of calculations to get the scale that you wanted.

building a 60 hz (or 50, if your outside the US) notch filter is a great idea, but i dont know how you would do it on a scale big enough for a 10-15a strip.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.