Power Supply Design where to find? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd May 2005, 05:59 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

@pinkmouse
1) How much experience of electronics do you have?= been thought about electronics since i was 12 im 29 now person who trained me is an EE with over 35 years experience.

2) What voltage/current supplies do you need for the dac? from i have seen and read this dac will not be high voltage.

3) Is it the dac a design of your own, or a kit? it's not a kit it's something im doing on my own.

4) When you say simple, how simple? not too simple thats it junk but simple enough that it works ever time..

@peranders heres a list of parts i had sitting my bin had forgot all about them.

OPA627AP
PCM1737E
PCM1738E
PCM1770PW
PCM1771PW
@peranders as for regulators i thought about the use of LM317 unless theres better choices.
Old 22nd May 2005, 09:07 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fresno Bob
@peranders as for regulators i thought about the use of LM317 unless theres better choices.
Well, Bob, you certainly have created an interesting thread! If you haven't realized it yet, everyone was trying to help you right from the beginning but you have to remember that when you post something its meaning might be crystal clear in your head but no one else's!

Anyways, if you are interested in designing your own 317 based reg this is an excellent thread for you to read:

Improving the LM3x7 regulator circuit
Old 22nd May 2005, 10:54 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

leadbelly i did not mean to offend anyone here. i just thought there could be ways to make a smaller simplier psu for a dac. if i have upset any of you i'm sorry. yes the plan is clear in my mind and hard to put down on paper or on here. thanks how ever for the help if theres any more you want to add please do...
Old 8th June 2005, 04:26 PM   #34
reMC is offline reMC  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to reMC
I have the same problem as the topic starter.

I'm building my own 1543/8412 DAC. So far so good. But now i'm landed at the power supply part and I haven't got any clue on how to begin.

I only know I need a transformer and four diodes, but that can't be enough

Does anyone have any info or an example on how to build a power supply on a non-os DAC? The most simple design will do, I just need something to start with.

Yes, I did use the search-function..

Tnx!
Old 11th June 2005, 06:39 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Well, I've searched and learned a bit more for building my non-os 1543 DAC's Power Supply.

Again, I'm new with this material so that's why I'm gonna sum up what I know and want to build. I hope you guys can give me some feedback.

First, I need a 230/18v transformator. I hook that up with four diodes to get DC. Next step is to smooth the ripple. For that, I will use a 220uF/25v electrolyc capacitor. Then I have an almost smooth 18v DC signal.

The question is what to do next. Off course, I need a regulator, like the 7805 to make sure the 8412 (receiver) gets it's current in the right proportions. Do I need another capacitor to get a smooth signal like this?:

Click the image to open in full size.

Or can I just leave those capacitors? I already have an almost smooth signal..with other words: what's a reason to place those capacitors?

Most of you know the 1534 non-os is an extreme simple design and one of it's (mine) priorities is to keep the signal as short as possible. Also in the power supply. Is the smoothing with the two capacitors (as in picture) a real advantage or is it because of the two 'extra' components....a disadvantage?

Bring it on
Old 27th June 2005, 03:33 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Plz?

Hide this!Advertise here!