Power Supply Design where to find? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2005, 01:26 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

leadbelly Looking to build my own DIY DAC and PSU was looking for info on psu design not what someone else has made already.
Old 20th May 2005, 01:26 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

And i wanted it to be in two's one to power the digital oneto power the analog. unless you have an idea that would allow one to use one Transformer for both digital and analog.
Old 20th May 2005, 07:19 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

You guys have built dac with out the use of a tube stage, and most of you here have built powersupplys for the dac's. and use op-amps in the dac's aswell as tranformers and no one can offer any help on this subject.
Old 20th May 2005, 07:28 PM   #14
diyAudio Moderator

You want other members to help you, yet you're not prepared to search and read all the information that's already here. Don't you feel that's a little selfish?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 20th May 2005, 07:35 PM   #15
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Building something that’s never been made before is quite a challenge.

From my understanding you are not seeking to copy an existing design which is of course the best way to learn. The only way to achieve your goal is reading what others did and distillate something that might suit your needs. You got a bunch of links from Pinkmouse to start with and tips from other people as well. Then, with paper and pencil or, like the modern guys do, with some specially designed computer program, you could draw your findings and calculations into a schematic.
Next plausible step would be to post what you came up with and ask for opinions.
You’ll be surprised what help you will get from the experienced among us.

/Hugo
Old 20th May 2005, 07:48 PM   #16
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Power Supply Design where to find?

Quote:
Originally posted by fresno Bob
Looking for a Power Supply Design for use with DIY DAC's either weblink or book. I'm trying to come up with my Circuits dont really want to use someone elses design. since i feel i takes aways from the whole diy thing. I'm not agenst the use of proven Designs or Circuits. just wanted to build one of my own. if you guys can help with info please post thanks
A bit odd request but start with studying the datasheet and available applaction notes for the DAC in mind and also for other DAC's. Check also evaluation boards. How have they done?

You have a couple of options:

1 3-pin regulator like 7805 and such

2 Shunt regulator like LM431 maybe with some extra transistors with or without feedback

3 Some discrete built series regulator

Since you are feeding a digital circuit with a rather high content of harmonics in the range >100 MHz you must have in mind that the regulators may be able to handle this.
Old 20th May 2005, 08:32 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

peranders i beleave i have said reg's in a parts bin will however look at the data sheets on the dac chips ect.

Netlist Thanks if i come up with a Design and need it looked over i will post it.

pinkmouse Thanks for not helping. i did not ask the members here to build it for me. and from what i have read most are using others Designs or making their own. if you have schimatics for me to look at post it.
Old 20th May 2005, 08:37 PM   #18
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Have you tried www.google.com ?

Why don't you test with "voltage" "regulator" "DAC" "digital" "analog" "converter" "audio"

http://www.google.se/search?q=voltag...&ie=ISO-8859-1

Maybe you can find something?
Old 21st May 2005, 04:25 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

This is what i have come up with sofar as to what i would like to do.
Dont know if it's possable still reading some stuff..
I/V
Current to Voltage Converter
· Resistor based for low distortion

Power
Isolated Digital and Analog Power Sections
· Low noise by isolation eliminating power spikes in analog section
· Separate local linear regulators for left and right sections
Old 22nd May 2005, 06:37 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Well for now i think i will go with a jung supper regulator and toroidal transformer..

Hide this!Advertise here!