SMPS that runs off AC mains - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 4th March 2005, 05:32 PM   #1
LBHajdu is offline LBHajdu  United States
diyAudio Member

Default SMPS that runs off AC mains

I知 currently building a leach amp. I have already order my transformers, however I would like to try building an SMPS for it. I知 currently building a leach amp. I have already ordered my transformers, however I would like to try building an SMPS for it. It should work off of both 110 or 220AC supply. I have no idea what I知 doing. What I have done is taken the schematic for the K6 amp PS (known to be a working PS) and stripped away the voltage and current regulation. I want it to be as simple as possible.

As you can see the sg3525n is just used as a 75khz oscillator, to drive T2. The turns ratio is stated, but the material and size are not. I have seen a pic of it on there web site. It looks like a small (about .8) ferrite toroid. This runs the H-bridge that drives the power transformer. The turns ratio is given (28pri and 14sec, 14sec). I can play with the sec. turns ratio to get the voltage (+-70) I need. The power transformer has the markings ETD490, I think that is just a bobbin size (can anyone confirm that ?). However if anything can be used I may go with a toroid 3播i. The input power is supplied as a fwbr (full wave bridge rectifier) for 220v mains and as a voltage doubler by just adding one jumper.

The original K6 is clamed to produce 1KW and 2KW peak. 600W would be sufficient the rest is just a bonus.

Any comments / help is welcome, as I said I don稚 know what I知 doing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf my smps idea.pdf (87.8 KB, 153 views)

Old 4th March 2005, 05:40 PM   #2
tiroth is offline tiroth  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't think mains SMPS discussion is allowed under forum rules, because of the extreme danger.

Old 4th March 2005, 06:00 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

That's correct. Especially for someone who says "I have no idea what I'm doing." Death is very, very permanent.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!