Ground question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

This may seem like a silly question, but I'll ask anyway. ;)

If I have a basic power supply board like the attached pic (please forgive the lack of artistry), with the star ground for amp boards, speaker -ve, etc at one end. Would it be best to put the 0v leads from the transformer to the star ground, or the other end of the board?
Will it make a difference?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• power.gif
    power.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 425
Just put the earth in the star ground, though it shouldn't make any difference where it goes.

Is this for a GC? If so, your speaker ground connection should go to a separate ground point (the signal ground) which is then connected by a thin guage wire to the main power star ground. This way you minimise any 'backwash' into the signal path. Your pot/stepped attenuator should also be grounded in the signal star ground.

:)

No, not a gainclone. It's for an esp p3a.

I thought it might not be a good idea to put the transformer leads straight to the star ground.
Apparently I'm not alone, so I'll go with the other end.

Thanks guys. :cool:

Mark.
-Who's cable service has crapped out, so I'm back to dialup tonight. And it SUCKS!:dead:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.