B&K microphone power supply - help needed

Hi,

FWIW, I realized I have this box around (schematic attached). It doesn't stabilize the phantom-derived supply, need to check if there's enough voltage headroom for adding the current source to it. Otherwise an own 6k8 connected supply-part.

Alternatively, while the signal part of the Schoeps circuit isn't too big to put on Vero, for convenience there are various people providing Schoeps-type PCBs, to which the current source could be added.

Regards

Attachments

• DI_D&R_IF.JPG
    DI_D&R_IF.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 136
Let's update:

Assembled a litte concoction to source 4mA to the mic from a P48-feed, and take the signal AC-coupled from there.

The mic works and has a hefty sensitivity, as confirmed by the specs (-27.2dB re 1V/Pa = 43.7mV/Pa), so some 10dB higher than 'the usual' condenser-mics.

:) ! I sure don't need any gain in the interface that I now will make after having seen the mic being functional!

So might need to toy around with values to increase the max signal the Schoeps topology can handle.

Regards

I just briefly hooked it up so far to test whether the B&K was still working after all these years or not, so haven't determined the Zsrc yet.

Fully agreed, this is hardly a mic-level signal anymore.

My interface has a PAD-switch, which might be needed (and the P48 supply is kept).
On the other hand, I expect that if it's usable for recording, the application of such a mic will be more distant than close up, so the PAD might not be employed and the high sensitivity it actually a nice feature.

Regards