NAD VISO 1 music system's (dock unit)power supply burned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My NAD VISO 1 music system's (dock unit)power supply burned.
Can you all please help me to find the schematic of NAD VISO 1 music system?
or dose any body knows the output voltage of the power supply.where i cand buy this. no one knows? we buy them then we look at them like they were picture?

Thanks in Advance

I googled the service manual.
If you cannot repair (or have repaired) the power supply you could perhaps power from an external supply. Be sure it has not failed due to a fault elsewhere.
If you have access to a bench supply or even batteries you could test operation before buying a new supply (or repairing the old one).
Note the power detect connection to the mcu board. This would appear to be 2.1V.

As Nisbeth says, the power supply board would be a NAD part - if they even stock them.
I'm lucky, we have a great electronics repair shop in our village. Cost me £30 to have my mum's TV recorder psu fixed. I had looked myself first & counted 5 blown diodes, blown fuses & knowing nothing of fixing smps I thought that a bargain repair.

I googled the service manual.
If you cannot repair (or have repaired) the power supply you could perhaps power from an external supply. Be sure it has not failed due to a fault elsewhere.
If you have access to a bench supply or even batteries you could test operation before buying a new supply (or repairing the old one).
Note the power detect connection to the mcu board. This would appear to be 2.1V.

As Nisbeth says, the power supply board would be a NAD part - if they even stock them.
I'm lucky, we have a great electronics repair shop in our village. Cost me £30 to have my mum's TV recorder psu fixed. I had looked myself first & counted 5 blown diodes, blown fuses & knowing nothing of fixing smps I thought that a bargain repair.

10x man . be good.

I'm not qualified to make psu for anybody else: If I blow myself up that's my look out.
Option 1 - use a qualified repairer to fix the faulty unit - this keeps it as original.
Option 2 - first ensure the power supply is faulty and that there are no other faults (eg blown amp causing power supply failure). Then replace the power supply. If necessary, by using an external supply.
I'd use an external 24V 120W laptop supply & hack the Viso power board as shown on attachment. This keeps the power detect functionality; without this it will not work.
Before spending the cash on a new PSU though I'd test it using any 24V supply to hand (a drill battery even).

Attachments

• Viso.png
    Viso.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 159
viso 1

I'm not qualified to make psu for anybody else: If I blow myself up that's my look out.
Option 1 - use a qualified repairer to fix the faulty unit - this keeps it as original.
Option 2 - first ensure the power supply is faulty and that there are no other faults (eg blown amp causing power supply failure). Then replace the power supply. If necessary, by using an external supply.
I'd use an external 24V 120W laptop supply & hack the Viso power board as shown on attachment. This keeps the power detect functionality; without this it will not work.
Before spending the cash on a new PSU though I'd test it using any 24V supply to hand (a drill battery even).

10x a lot man

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.