A quickie re Diode upgrade in Denon 3313 Bluray power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone advise a better set of diodes for the bridge in power supply currently using 4 x RL207 DO15.1000v 2a.
Historically I have found Schottkys sounded nicer than standard carbon.
Searching I have only found GB02SLT12-220 or some Cree type similair but in the worng package. possibly 600v instead of 1000 with a 1200v available somewhere?. .I am prepared to us these with a bit of ingenuity and added leads.
note All but 2 of the caps have been replaced by silmics2 to great effect.
thanks Dave

Hi and thanks for response. Must admit I also looked into reasons and formulaes re PIV and became more confused as I found a circuit manual for this. Quote x 2.888 factor high voltage Highest output voltage in circuit is 12vdc.Highest caps are 2 x 50 22uf and 1 x 450v 100uf. My previous Denon also had a 450V cap smoothing it?. So I assume the 1000 value is to be retained. They are not snubberized in the circuit .https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqqNLWgieBXcgYED_a5DpMbK21VTZQ

Can't read that very well. If you're replacing the 4 diodes in the upper left corner then 1000 PIV could be appropriate. I went through a similar hunt for 1kV Schottky's without much success in finding a thru-hole part. Mark Johnson's snubber article in Linear Audio has a table of preferred diodes. It's worth the buck or so to get.

Yep I thought it was just me who had a problem reading it.LoL.
I have since found an alternatice Cree 1200v at very reasonabele price (if that is relevant)
in a TO 220 package on ebay. DIODE, SCHOTTKY, 1200V, 2A, SIC,TO-220-2 Part # CREE C4D02120A | eBay
which is more than reasonable comparing performance specs alone. However when I initially gave up on improvements a few yewars ago ? I had vague recollections of someone claiming it had a distinct sonic signature?. Hmmm Will now start a search on that subject. It is still a small price to pay for potential progress.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.