replacement 12v dc-dc converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,
I'm a very inexperienced diyer so apologies in advance but I have a field mixer/preamp with a faulty dc-dc converter.

I've gathered that this is the part: 'ibek 24 ips 3-1212-t' but they seem impossible to source either at a reasonable price or without buying 500 of them.

Can anyone help with a suitable replacement? I can replace the part myself but have no knowledge of whats actually going on with it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 150
Hello,
Please excuse the potentially stupid question but I have the new DC converter and I'm not sure exactly how the different pins relate to the old ones

on the board there is 8 holes -
2 x 'G in'
2 x 'V in'
2 X 'G out'
1 x -V out
1 x +V out

the new traco converter doesn't have a 'G' but does have 'Common' Are they the same thing? Do both 'Common' connectors need to be connected? I was under the impression that's the same as ground.

attached the pin out diagram for the 2. the Ibek is the old one and the Traco is one I am replacing with.

any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3038.jpeg
    IMG_3038.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 95
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.