power supply using lm317 to power Rogers Gomez headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to u all,
can you recommend me with a suitable power supply to power the Rogers Gomez class A headphone amp which i have built.As i have some Lm317 VRegulators in stock,i would much appreciate to use this ic in the power supply.I recently made two supplies for the amp using 7812 and lm317 after i browsed for electronic schematics on internet.The least that i can say is that they were both noisy and i could not really appreciate the music as the hum in the background was noticeable once you focus your attention on it.I checked my circuit and devices several times to see if it can hinder the hum to some reasonable level but to no avail.The components i used are as follows:-(active ones)
LM 317
ECC 82
IRF 630 mosfets(i could not get the recommended IRF 510 )which are out of stock.
I don't know whether the 630 is an acceptable device since it is a switching transistor but it makes treble sound fine.Before that i was using a mosfet ref.32L405 which i scratched from a faulty air conditioner.they were the contrary to the 630, good in bass but limited in high frequencies and you experience listening fatigue after some time.I also want to know how to check the ECC82 to see if it is starting to age and if it is also contributing to the hum.
regards,and thanking u all in advance for tips and help.

Lm317 power supply

To PRR,
No
I could not get a printers switched mode power supply for my project.unfortunately,in my country we do not have sufficient electronics dealers and for the hobbyist who i am it is a real nightmare when you want to craft a project from a magazine,you must ascertain that the component is available.An example the 2n3055 complenmentary transistor mje2955 is unobtainable in all these shops !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.