SMPS grounding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody, I’ve a noob question. I’m waiting for an Hipex SMPS1200A700 and a couple of UcD700 to build my power amp. My concern is if I have to connect in some way the SMPS to chassis ground or not. I downloaded the wiring schematics of these PCBs, but nothing is shown about this kind of connection. Do you think I have to make it in any case?
Many thank in advance.
Gaetano.

Hi, scott, thank you for the reply. I'm sorry, but I don't understand what do you mean by "power supply 0V". As from datasheet and documentation, Hypex SMPS1200A700 power supply has a 6 pins connector with 2 pins marked with GND. I think (but I'm not certain) they are conductively linked. One has to be surely connected (as from wiring schematics on Hypex website) with the GND on the UcD700 amp module. Do you refer to these ones as "power supply 0V"? I'm sorry, but I have to learn a world of things yet! :)
Regards,
Gaetano.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.