EMC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those sound like rhetorical questions so we will wait to see your answer.

I “dutifully followed the offered link”, and found that it points to a site with exactly the same catch-phrase. And that to another site in the Czech republic, with a long diatribe about the merits of making all electronic devices compatible with ultra-low EMI interference standards. Apart from that, I fail to see why this is here at all.

GoatGuy

Thanks. You have saved me the trouble of clicking on the link.

I thought this was going to be one of those threads where a relative newbie, having discovered something (e.g. EMC), then feels that he has to write a 'tutorial' piece on it. We then have to point out all the mistakes and half-truths and misunderstandings in the 'tutorial'. Newbie then has his feelings hurt because we are not sitting at his feet soaking up all his wisdom.

Maybe the OP had some other aim in mind?

I am sorry, correct link to the article about EMC is here.
In my opinion, electrosmog emissions in power grid are more and more important for today. Many switching sources are around us and it is necessary to have good filtration in front of your audio system. This isfrequently forgotten thing and very many people does not know about EMC.

Hi DF96, one of my job is EMC consultancy, filter designs and so on in industry appliances. EMC is very wide field and there is a lot of informations about it in internet. I prepare to write article about this problematic especially for audio and of course for FREE.
Audio is my hobby, my rest and I am doing it for joy of music :)

In short: If your neighbor 200m away will use Power line WIFI transmiter, you cannot hear 2.4GHz WIFI frequency from power line grid, but there are many random frequencies between data packets and this frequencies can make flickering in audio appliances as amplifiers. And 1mS delay between data packets you can hear. It is 1kHz.

Note: Electrical products imported into the US do not need EMC certification as in Europe.

EMC certification in Europe is meaningless as it can be done by the manufacturer. All he has to do is print a certificate and put CE on the back plate of the item. The authorities rarely check. So EMC compliance is done properly by responsible manufacturers and not at all by the rest. It can be assumed that anything made in China will not be compliant unless there is clear evidence to the contrary.

Useful information about improving EMC resilience for DIY audio equipment would be - useful! We await your article.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.