Applying GaN transistor as a replacement of SiC rectifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ideal bridge board with GS61004B for DAC

Mr. Hazawa made the LT4320 ideal diode driver board with GS61004B and he was very kind enough to share it to me with free of charge.
I implemented these boards to PSU of DAC replacing from SiCSBDs of Infineon. As shown in picture 1 (circled mark), these are two PSUs for analog signals (L and R) and one PSU for digital signal.
In picture 2 three boards stand vertically on the motherboard. You can see some diodes of Infineon on the right side.

After that, I found very improvement effect which is very similar as Mr. Bunpei has already reported on post #38.

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2018-08-07 16.20.08.png
    スクリーンショット 2018-08-07 16.20.08.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 679
  • スクリーンショット 2018-08-07 16.08.19.jpg
    スクリーンショット 2018-08-07 16.08.19.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 678
A Quantum leap is just audiophoolery.
My various own design amplifiers take a signal in, amplifiy it and put it out as a larger copy of the input within 0.001%
You cant possibly get a quantum leap from that and hear it !

People have been bulling up audio gear for decades hoping someone will be silly enough to buy it at extortionate prices.

Its the "Dyson" syndrome, it is expensive so must be good.

A Quantum leap is just audiophoolery.
My various own design amplifiers take a signal in, amplifiy it and put it out as a larger copy of the input within 0.001%
You cant possibly get a quantum leap from that and hear it !

People have been bulling up audio gear for decades hoping someone will be silly enough to buy it at extortionate prices.

Its the "Dyson" syndrome, it is expensive so must be good.

Calm down there, nothing to worry about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.