DIY power supply built from Marantz AVR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ah hah .... Will do. I was surprised, when the elec tech told me it takes the motherboard for the amp section to work. The amp section is PERFECT. I wanted to turn it into a regular 4ch amp, but the tech said it would be impossible. So a power supply for some Sure amps, it is.

actually i am in the same boat. i try to learn on this old amps or their components. impossible....no .....but not easy.......normally the preamps are spreaded on the mainboard for different inputs and the power amps ar mounting on the "fat" heatsink.

check it before using in another circuit !

Fuses, Transformer, diodes, caps, standby circuit, power transistors, emitter resistors (e.g. 0,47Ohms 5Watt), colling fans, heatsinks, housing for prototyps.
connectors, loudspeaker terminal if is possible to split in smaller pieces......

I recently saw a very nice Marantz for sale in similar condition and was thinking how it would be a very nice amp without all the extra processors and displays. This one had many mt-200 outputs and was fairly high powered.
Cool project, I would spend lots of time planning so you can make any surgery as clean as possible...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.