connexelectronic smps800RS photo?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all, anyone have an smps800RS to hand?

ive got a 48v one for my class D amp project, and i had to remove one of the big capacitors to access the screw holding the rectifier to the heatsink (im swapping the heatsink)

in my enthusiasm i forgot to note down the orientation of the capacitor.

i thought a quick check at a photo on the website would resolve it, but it seems the photos on the site and pdf do not actually show the same model, and ive found photos online with the orientation different. even the pcb seems to offer multiple orientations ( its obviously used for different versions) and its a multilayer pcb so its not very simple to work out logically.

i dont want a massive electrolytic cap explosion when i power it up, and connex have not replied to any of my emails since i wrote to them the first time several months ago about a different subject, so i dont expect any help from them!

assistance most appreciated..

I have an RE version, and on mine the two tank caps closest to the mains inlet are mounted with their minus pole aways from each other. But, again, that's the RE version. And there seems to be additional mounting holes 90 degrees to those for both caps. That might be for the 120V version since one of them is connected to the 120V jumper (mine's a 230V). Hope that helps somewhat.I could post some pictures if it would help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.