LM317/337 dual supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'll try it and let you know.

both LM are same manufacturer and code. ON Semi LM317TG and LM337TG bought from Farnell. strange is that some datasheets were conflicting as sorts when i was reading them and i seem to remember some would say 240r for poz and 120r for neg while others would say 240r for both if using a dual supply yada yada.

Houston we have lift off.

i'll leave it on for a few hours to settle in and test again. so far its running cool.

BTW, i have a nifty way of removing components. i tie fishing flies as another hobby and i have things called hackle pliers. these are fantastic for removing components, snip one (two etc etc) leg so there is as much leg left above the board bend the component out the way then grip the snipped leg with the hackle pliers turn the board upside down then heat pad with soldering iron and let gravity do the rest. the snipped leg will fall out, do the same for remaining legs and component. after that just solder suck the holes clean.

the next part of the chain :)

motorboard.jpg

at the moment i'm using a disc on the motor shaft and a laser speed gizmo thing. this is so i can get the right pulley diameter made up.

as well as the knob illuminating i have included a function for taking led's out to the turntable and these will change colour along with the selection of the knob. this will illuminate the frosted acrylic platter.

the design is to be implemented on a Pink Triangle which are known for their ermm lets say pish unreliable electronics. of course the design can also be implemented on any belt drive TT for upgrading to dc motor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.