What's the secret behind BATTEROO?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friend sent me a link of this product and asked how it works. Well, I can't think of any theory which can support this product. Anyone tried it? I'd love to know the secret behind it.

Batteroo Boost <--

aaa-batteroo-with-batt_left.jpg

aaa-batteroo-with-batt_front.jpg

You can quickly find out that it is useless BS. 5x longer life. Lol.
Simple boost converter in it, so it can give out a bit more voltage until the battery totally dies.
If you search for the battery characteristics, then you see when the voltage starts to drop seriously, there is like 1-5% life left in it. Not 5X.
The pro can be that it holds the voltage steady. So if you need a battery and you need constant 1.5V, then this can be a good thing. Battery will slowly drop to 1.3-1.2 and below and still usable by most circuits. But in some cases if the circuit is not designed well it will not work well. So there are cases when it can be useful. But this happens nearly never. His first vid about this, even checks his devices that they all work till 1-1.1V.

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> any theory which can support this product.

Carbon/Zinc batteries are like water tanks. When full, lots of pressure. When half empty, low pressure. Shower dribbles. When 90% empty it takes all day to fill a glass.

If you add a pump, you can hold steady pressure from top to the last gallon.

> provide full throttle and then a sudden stop.

Yeah, like that.

Getting a pump to work only with the water pressure is tough hydraulics, but easier in modern electronics. I know there was a chip 10 years ago that you only added a coil. Traditionally ICs don't have real coils, but maybe it works MHz or maybe they stack a coil on top the chip inside the epoxy blob. Plenty of use for such a stock chip.

How they do it in a "wrapper" for a AAA cell, I dunno. (I can't take much of Dave.)

> 5x longer life. Lol.

If your "personal accessory" craps-out at 1.4V (I got cameras like that), this could be a major improvement. Maybe 5X. Traditional battery-toy design allows "works" down to 0.9V, at which point you got about half the total watt-hours possible with drain-to-flat. So for "proper battery devices" it would maybe not-quite double battery life.

> Traditional battery-toy design allows "works" down to 0.9V, at which point you got about half the total watt-hours possible with drain-to-flat. So for "proper battery devices" it would maybe not-quite double battery life.

Ahh are you a sales person for batteroo?
At 0.9V you say not-quite double battery life? That BS is what the whole thing is about.
The whole video (actually 4 videos) explains why these kind of statements are so false. These try to convince the simple who doesn't understand how things work. They only have to tell just 5-10% not even quite lie, then you have a product that saves the world and maybe hunger for the poor. Ahh these kind of BS explanations make me so angry:bomb:
In addition devices work with rechargeable batteries that has nominal voltage of 1.2V.
These charge up to a maximum of 1.35-1.4V, but usually lot less. Strangely devices work well with these.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.