Best 5V SMPS ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 Nirvana's in my system 1 powering a Digione player(Pi 3B) and the other feeding a DAC (Topping D50). Very happy with them, but have to be careful with the grounding scheme. Best results with DC ground connected to PE, but with Nirvana's on a separate AC mains circuit and not both in the same 2 outlet receptacle. If they are in same outlet best scheme is one DC ground to PE, the other not, and even then not as good as on separate circuits. This is base on several long term listening sessions with the same familiar playlist.

Small flimsy output cable

I really like my nirvana power supply, purchased from Chicago electric - prompt shipping and communications. It seams like a nicely built unit and good value for the money but for the life of me I do not understand why the dropped the ball on the last mile- the output cable. When all things settle down And warranty is not a problem I will have to replace it. At some point I will have buy a shanty and give it a try as well. I will also have to buy and build a Iancanaca power supply with his super cap board. I bet when all is said the shanty will be cheaper, but it will be nice to compare them.
Bill

I found that the output cable was better than using the USB connection with the usb to barrel connector that came with the DAC, so cables can make a difference depending on shielding/grounding schemes and how close DC cable is to AC cables. Star quad would be optimum DC cable, but that adds $$. Question for Allo is the connect ground to PE switch operational for the USB connector?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.