Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best 5V SMPS ?
Best 5V SMPS ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2018, 08:12 AM   #91
soundcheck is offline soundcheck  Germany
diyAudio Member

My idea would be to keep the ground impedance as low as possible.
And I'd also try to avoid creating new antennas. Obviously there's a catch.

All these el-cheapo plugs and connectors are IMO all but optimal.

I do have all my stuff (amp/dac/pi - all sitting side-by-side on one board) stargrounded via Wago terminals - without connecting them straight to earth.

Perhaps I try that ground-wire idea one day.

But before you start doing anything. Make yourself a drawing about the grounding-scheme of your entire system.
It's quite beneficial to have the full picture of what you've right in front of you on paper.

Last edited by soundcheck; 9th February 2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 14th February 2018, 05:39 AM   #92
SanjeevM is online now SanjeevM
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestsgump View Post
It is rather interesting findings on Allo adapter, the IF I adapter, and a 10000mAh Battery bank from MI.

No doubt that AC power supply such as Allo, IFI comes with inherit noise. But pesonally, i always have doubt battery bank such as 10000mAh Battery bank from MI are noise-free; although they are from DC power supply, however 3.7~42v Li-battery undergo switching mode DC-DC to bring up to 5v USB power, such approach inherently cause switching noise output as well.
Perhaps, we have been looking at the picture only from the pov of from noise. To reproduce sound, especially bass, current is needed, i.e. a big store of electrons. It can be said that power amp needs it more than a dac, but Allo has been using SC on their DACs near the OP stage.

Maybe a battery provides electrons better than psus so sounds richer !

Just my 2cents ...
Old 15th February 2018, 02:02 PM   #93
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestsgump View Post
It is rather interesting findings on Allo adapter, the IF I adapter, and a 10000mAh Battery bank from MI.

No doubt that AC power supply such as Allo, IFI comes with inherit noise. But pesonally, i always have doubt battery bank such as 10000mAh Battery bank from MI are noise-free; although they are from DC power supply, however 3.7~42v Li-battery undergo switching mode DC-DC to bring up to 5v USB power, such approach inherently cause switching noise output as well.

Yes agreed, however battery banks have one major advantage. No connection to the mains , true galvanic isolation. As such there is no leakage currents , no low frequency noise. Yes there is sw frequency noise and ripple but thats rather simple to clean using inductors and ldos.

Best 5V SMPS ?Hide this!Advertise here!