Need a +15, -15, +48v supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, i have Soundcraft Compact 10 mixer which is famous for shorting the little transfomer, capacitor and switching FET. Some are fixable if the Transformer doesn't cook and short!
Soundcraft doesn't have any parts (mainly the transformer) for this great sounding mixer but i have the schematics. I wanted to wire in a small external power supply (original is only 1.2 amp total at 12 volts) to supply the -15 and +15 rails, and also the 48volt for the phantom power supply.
I found someone who built a trippler circuit to get a 12volt supply up to 48volts for phantom power in this forum.
So my question is besides building or sourcing a small +/-15 Volt supply and adding a trippler do any of you have any easier suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

there are many small cd-dc converter modules around that´d suit the application.
See for example the Murata dc-dc supply modules in the 1-3W class.
+-15V and 48V output dc-dc-modules are available also from XP-Power.
Those switcher modules are very compact, affordable and very convenient and are excellent quality.
External component number count remains small and compact ... no big caps etc.

jauu
Calvin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.