DIY Kef 107 Kube PSU?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Daddy Pop, I recently built a PSU for a KEF Kube 200 (similar to what you have). I can confirm as Mooly says that is AC. I had to order some parts from Farnell or Maplin (can't recall which right now). I can send you some photos of what I built if you want to replicate it. It's been running very happily for about 6 months.

Hi theozaurus,

That would be brilliant! Thank you very much. :)

Cheers

Roy

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You wire it up like this. The image was taken from the data sheet on the catalogue page you ordered from.

The two 115 vac primary windings are connected in series.

The two secondary's are also connected in series with the middle connection becoming the centre point.

Always add a fuse for safety. For a transformer primary you want a time delay type. Its always tricky specifying fuses for transformers because they generate a bit of a surge when first powered up. A 100ma (marked and described as T100ma) would be adequate in theory and shouldn't suffer nuisance blowing. The theoretical value is nearer 50ma but that's a wee little fuse (and T63ma is probably the nearest available value).

Attachments

• Trx.PNG
    Trx.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 137
It's 18 VAC; takes a center tapped transformer providing 9 - 0 - 9 volts AC. I found a Rane power supply that provides this.

My question was about the 5-pin connector but in the meantime I've decided to either hard wire to the K-UBE or use a panel mounted 3-pin XLR.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.