Need help Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Im planning to build a cheap amplifier but my matter actually is the power supply
The amplifier board is a tas5630 (TAS5630 1200W 2 0 High Power Digital Amplifier Board | eBay) and the supply
is New DC DC 600W 10 60V to 12 80V Boost Converter Step Up Module Power Supply | eBay
or 200W 6 35V to 6 55V DC DC Converter Boost Charger Power Converter Module F5 | eBay and those boost
module will certainly be mounted on a pc 12v 350w transformer .
But im pretty sure both supply wont be enough
So here is my question , if i put some condensator (5 Pièces 2200?F uf 63V Condensateurs Chimiques Electrolytiques | eBay)
at the boost ouptut do you think it will be enough to make the amp work at 80% of it power or could you tell me a cheap power supply that could make
it work at atleast at 80% of that amp board :)

Thanks

Sorry for my rusted english -_-​

Let´s see if I understand you:

1) You want to build a 1200W power amplifier.

2) You want to power it from a 600W up converter.

3) You´ll feed such up converter from a 350W PC power supply

4) that is the *total* power rating, considering all outputs.
Since the main one is the 5V one while 12V is more of an auxiliary output , I doubt you can get more than 100W out of it ... if that much

Ok, ok, where´s the :

img

Let´s see if I understand you:

1) You want to build a 1200W power amplifier.

2) You want to power it from a 600W up converter.

3) You´ll feed such up converter from a 350W PC power supply

4) that is the *total* power rating, considering all outputs.
Since the main one is the 5V one while 12V is more of an auxiliary output , I doubt you can get more than 100W out of it ... if that much

Ok, ok, where´s the :

img

Hard to say but true xD , i wont get my 80% of rate to get the desired power i would need arround 48V 20A ++ , i was looking like car battery but car battery have 45A +++ of power coupled on boost , PC supply have 12V 10/15A output so i should really go for rectifier then may be

OK, let´s do some Math and go backwards, to see what you *really* need.

1) amp claims 1200W output.
No RMS specified, just some vague "2 * 600W / 4 Europe 10% THD"

Since it´s dubious at best, let´s see what it´s actually capable of, in the most optimistic way:

2) it needs +48V single supply, meaning it´s probably bridged output.

Supposing the supply is perfectly regulated and those 48V are stable, and counting on (optimistic) 2V drop on semiconductors, we have 46V peak available.

Which means you have 32V RMS available , which mean:256 W RMS per channel into 4 ohms, so 500W RMS total.

3) amplifier 88% efficiency so power absorbed from supply is 500/0.88=570W

4) since supply voltage is 48V, it must supply 570/48=12A .
Since udio power amplifiers are often clipped and switching supplies do not like being asked more current than expected (lots of self protection, overvoltage and overcurrent sensors which may shut it off in the middle of something) so I would but a supply with *at least* 16A capability, wouldn´t find 20A an exaggeration, just reserve power.

In a nutshell: cover the amp actual needs and avoid chaining lossy stages in the middle, get the straight supply for it.

OK, let´s do some Math and go backwards, to see what you *really* need.

1) amp claims 1200W output.
No RMS specified, just some vague "2 * 600W / 4 Europe 10% THD"

Since it´s dubious at best, let´s see what it´s actually capable of, in the most optimistic way:

2) it needs +48V single supply, meaning it´s probably bridged output.

Supposing the supply is perfectly regulated and those 48V are stable, and counting on (optimistic) 2V drop on semiconductors, we have 46V peak available.

Which means you have 32V RMS available , which mean:256 W RMS per channel into 4 ohms, so 500W RMS total.

3) amplifier 88% efficiency so power absorbed from supply is 500/0.88=570W

4) since supply voltage is 48V, it must supply 570/48=12A .
Since udio power amplifiers are often clipped and switching supplies do not like being asked more current than expected (lots of self protection, overvoltage and overcurrent sensors which may shut it off in the middle of something) so I would but a supply with *at least* 16A capability, wouldn´t find 20A an exaggeration, just reserve power.

In a nutshell: cover the amp actual needs and avoid chaining lossy stages in the middle, get the straight supply for it.

Ok thank you for your information which are really usefull

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.