Easy voltage multiplier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, do you have easy circuit for me to build to set 5V 3-pin analouge indicator into 12V environment.

Usually i have analog indicator that is parallel to potentiometer running on 5V. But now i have only 12V indicator available. But pot is still 5v design.
I tested 555 voltage doubler circuit, but im not sure how to tweak up the voltage on that design. I need 240% gain.

This circuit should act linear. 12v/5v=2.4x should be the multiply.

if the pot reads 4 volt then the circuit should produce 4/5*12=9.6V

Using capacitors and analog switches, you could build a "lossless" voltage multiplier (if the load current is zero, of course), but it will necessarily be an integer, 2 or 3, but not 2.4.
The best option is probably to create a sufficiently elevated supply, with a tripler or a quadrupler, and feed an opamp amplifier wired for the 2.4 gain.
Sounds pretty complicated and inelegant.... you should probably take another look at your requirements, there must be a simpler way

Usualy it is done like this :D
Mona

Attachments

• VnT.jpg
    VnT.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 155
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.