How to build a Power Conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Since all threads highlighting this subject are old, I would like to start a new one where we can all pitch in with ideas, schematics and tips.

I have constructed a Power Conditioner based on many ideas that are available on the web and this forum. (and others) :D I find that there are lots of ideas around, but no final "one for all" solution. And that's what I'm trying to achieve here. (if possible)

Second goal is to do so without PCB's or obsolete, unobtainable parts. The only PCB I used was a DC blocker PCB designed by Per-Anders Sjöström. I feel that, when u use toroids, that is one PCB you cannot do without.

The rest of the parts are all easy to obtain and really cheap.

I will post some pictures and a BOM of what I have done shortly. In the mean time, please share your ideas, photo's and, if you have any, schematics.

I hope there will be some guys that understand the benefit of a Power Conditioner. And I hope you will all pitch in with your knowledge and ideas for all of us! The true DIY spirit is what this community is all about!

:p

Last edited:
I'm interested in this one! Just bring it on!
And link to older thread would also be nice!

If the wheel are invented, we don't need a to develop it further?

SjoerdSmits, I'm interested and want more info about your build!

Best Regards, Michael

Last edited:
I live in the highlands of Kerala. And I use solar panels and inverter for power.Loads are LED lamps, CFLs, SMPS / battery laptop and SMPS appliances. So lets get the power cleaned up for a good power supply to power a good amplifier, in that order. Get going, kiddo!

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I agree that a lot can go horribly wrong with power conditioning. There is a lot to consider here. Starting with local law on safety earthing and so on. I have a dedicated safety earth for a dedicated audio breaker. With cylindric fuses. I have very good screened cable from breaker to the conditioner. This should be the first step to succes, with local safety rules in mind. These adjustments allone have improved the power succesfully. You cannot expect a power conditioner to clean up all interference that your home grid throws at it. If you think it will, you are wrong!

This weekend I will start a step by step discription of what I have done!

Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.