Low noise psu 19V 65W 3.42A - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th April 2016, 07:37 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Low noise psu 19V 65W 3.42A

Hi,

which PSU do you recommend that has 19V 65W 3.42A. I need it to power this Pi-DigiAMP+ - IQaudIO Limited

I guess there should be better PSU-s than this VEF65US19 XP Power | Power Supplies - External/Internal (Off-Board) | DigiKey
Old 26th April 2016, 08:41 AM   #2
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I would suggest a couple of stages of RC after the built in LC filtering is required to get lower noise.

The added R will increase the output impedance and that in turn will reduce the regulation.
Old 26th April 2016, 08:32 PM   #3
Jbosch is offline Jbosch  Spain
diyAudio Member

i bought too the IQaudIO Pi DigiAMP+. Was planing to buy the VEF65US19 and ultimately mounting everything under the same box. For a layman, what do you mean by adding couple of stages of RC?
Old 27th April 2016, 01:26 AM   #4
BTG is offline BTG  United States
diyAudio Member

Just use the XP part they recommend. It's a switching amplifier and they don't give any specs, I wouldn't worry about it for what it is.
Old 27th April 2016, 08:43 AM   #5
Pafi is offline Pafi  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
I would suggest a couple of stages of RC after the built in LC filtering is required to get lower noise.

The added R will increase the output impedance and that in turn will reduce the regulation.
OFF
Andrew!
Please tell me what do you call "regulation", because I saw earlyer you use this term regarding transformers in place of "drop", which is a voltage or relative voltage change, but here the meaning is reciprocal, less regulation means more voltage change. You can overdefine terms for yourself, but would be better if you didn't use 1 term in 2 opposite meaning.

I advise you to not use term "regulation" for defining quantities at all, since it is always a source of ambiguity. Regulation is a process, involving at least 2 quantities, and if you want to describe its goodness with a single quantity, then it should be a ratio of the change in target quantity and the change in affecting quantity. As you can see in datasheets, for example "load regulation" is given in %/A or mV/A.

Last edited by Pafi; 27th April 2016 at 08:51 AM.
Old 27th April 2016, 09:16 AM   #6
Welcome is offline Welcome  France
diyAudio Member

Literally 100% same specs as a normal HP laptop power adaptor. Get one of those, computer PSUs have way higher quality demands than those for audio use.

Hide this!Advertise here!