One power supply for 2 amp chips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an NX build going.

The resistor between Signal Return and Power Ground to give the output a voltage reference to the input normally passes microamps.
This resistor also needs an inverse parallel diode to pass fault current that could come in from a faulty ClassI source.

But the reason I mention the NX:
it is a topology that passes a very high current through the input to output voltage referencing link. It is in the mA range. That surprised me. As built I have used a 15r as recommended by Bonzai the Designer.
I am considering changing this a 1r0 with the inverse diodes in parallel.

The feedback current? It still surprises me that you don't expect this.

The 1 ohm could be a better choice. If you can combine this with a Disconnect Network with a >10 ohm resistor then at least some of the ground loop voltage will move to the larger resistor.
I had not realised that the NX would be so high. But to be expected in view of the 540r+15r feedback resistors.

Hi guys, got only one small issue left with my build, so I've got it all wired and mounted in a case, the problem I have is,

If the amp is powered up and speakers plugged in, it's silent, no buzzing hissing whirring, it is silent, but as soon as I plug in the phone (headphone jack to RCAs) I get buzzing, can anyone point me in the right direction to get rid of this? Thanks

BTW: the RCAs are not earthed to the chassis, there are in + and in - on the amp chips and that's where I wired them to, this may need to be different?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.