Hgh current regulators - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 12th November 2015, 07:46 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
Default Hgh current regulators

hi all, im new around here and have been checking out various regulators.

i was lookng at the Jung regulator which ive seen stated as being around 1 amp max draw.

are there any other designs that are capable of a higher draw? The regulators will be used to feed one component only in a computer. eg 1 for the cpu, 1 for the ssd, etc.
Old 12th November 2015, 08:34 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
but why.you already have regulators on motherboard and probably good ones, if its for overclocking then you need something like IR3550 but paralleled lots of them,if its for gpu then there is finished pcb plug and play sold somewhere in oc circles
Old 12th November 2015, 08:40 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
in my computer i have separate power supplies for: the SSD, motherboard, USB card etc.

i would like to combine that to one power supply with regulators for each device.

i honestly doubt the motherboard regulators are as good for electrical separation as a well designed regulator.
Old 12th November 2015, 09:25 AM   #4
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member
You don't need extra electrical separation. The motherboard already has local decoupling to attenuate interference effects between different parts of the circuit to levels sufficiently low that the bits don't get corrupted.
If bits were getting corrupted by sloppy design of the decoupling, then they would not be able to sell many motherboards.
regards Andrew T.
Sent from my desktop computer using a keyboard
Old 12th November 2015, 09:27 AM   #5
diyAudio Member
is it too much to just give it a go anyway?

despite what is being said i did hear an improvement when i changed to separate linear supplies for some components. if i build a few DIY regulators and nothing changes then all ive lost is my time!
Old 15th November 2015, 06:14 AM   #6
diyAudio Member
you could simply buy better quality atx power supply ,cheap ones make lots of sounds ,more sounds than pc components.
one thing you should do, disable cpu power saving options ,becouse it makes more ripple noise than not power saving

Hide this!Advertise here!