Question on Vacuum State SuperReg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a dual mono 6sn7 SS rectified tube preamp. This is my first build on my own going way beyond mods I have done in the past. I am using the SuperReg to regulate the voltage on the B+.

I have both the room and parts to place a nice CLCLC Pi filter before the SuperReg and wonder if this is a better thing? I know I don't need to overdo this filter before the SuperReg, but I have the parts and space and think it can only help. Right? Love to hear your thoughts here....

Thanks all!

Thanks all. I will move on a do a nice CLC filter before the SuperReg. Being newer to this I have one other question on this filter. What value choke do,I use?

The choke is feeding a 6sn7 plate with 325 volts. I plan for 375 volts into the SugerReg and 325 vac to the 6sn7 plate. There is a 90k resistor on the plate. The cathode is 4k ohms. Input is 147k.

How do I figure the choke value I need?

Thanks all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.