Beta testers wanted for discrete regulator - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th June 2015, 08:20 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Beta testers wanted for discrete regulator

I'm looking for a few people who know what they are doing and who have good test gear (spectrum analyzer, FFT, Sig Gen) to beta test a discrete voltage regulator that I have come up with. I'm thinking noise and input rejection tests mostly, though I wouldn't mind any transient response or torture tests either. You can drive the thing all the way to destruction if you like (after the other measurements are made of course!). Your gear will need to measure sub 10uV RMS noise and -125dB rejection. Ive written a data sheet for the device, and provided a link to that below as well as a picture of what the thing looks like. If anyone is interested Ill give you a device and you can then have your way with it.

The datasheet -
http://sparkoslabs.com/discrete-volt...ll-data-sheet/

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Discrete Voltage Reg.jpg (119.3 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by sparko311; 30th June 2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 1st July 2015, 12:49 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Maybe it would help if you typed up a two column table for prospective beta testers.

Column A would be "How this proposal benefits me, Sparko311"

Column B would be "How this proposal benefits you, the beta tester"

This kind of a format lets you apply your persuasion skills -- mention three or four different reasons why a beta tester would want to accept your proposal. Answer the question "what is my motivation?" several times in several ways. Those Dale Carnegie lectures on How To Win Friends and Influence People, have a natural application: right here.

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 1st July 2015 at 01:00 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!