Salas Extended version?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After looking at numerous threads regarding salas regulators and as per the shunt regulation document on wiki. Its evident to scale up the regulators. Most of the scenarios the salas reg itself is good enough but I see some forum members pointing that using few chokes will enhance the sonic performance to a considerable level. Since provided for some not budget conscious I thought to add two more stages and also the CLCLCLC power supply with snubber at the early stages. If there are any improvements anybody wants to point at we can do it. I will route the pcb after few comments.

Chokes: being 1A rated.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Since no 2 parts of the same type are exactly identical, the 2 current sources will each be for a slightly different current, and will fight each other. The same remarks apply to the 2 shunts and their voltages. If I had to guess, I'd guess it will oscillate with a quite small amplitude. What does Multisim say?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.