One secondary voltage and two biases

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

In my garage I have found a heavy transformer from 230V to 15V (with no load) - 2kg transformer with just one secondary, it looks like a 90/100W.
I have to test it using some resistance to be sure about the max current but I'd like to use it to feed the heaters of the pre phono I'm going to realise.
This is based on a ECC88 and a ECC83 for each channel: total heater current should be close to 600mA (12.6V).

Now, the problem is that the preamp is designed as to have a beta-follower (ECC88) and a mu-follower (ECC83) so I need to bias the heaters of the upper tubes.
Is it possible to have two different 12.6V outputs with two different bias voltage (upper and lower tubes) starting from the same transformer? Is it safe?
In case, where am I supposed to split the circuit? after the first cap? after a common choke?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.