12V trigger and triac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm going to assemble a dual mono class D amplifier based on two Ucd400 modules with relative SMPS400 power supply.
I'd like to add a 12V trigger input in order to power the amp when I switch on my preamp.

Now, I'd like to have the possibility to enable/disable the trigger with a simple switch. Also I don't want to have any transformer to power the trigger module. So I'm thinking to realise a trigger module based on a triac, like the one in the attached schema. The switch is supposed to bypass the opto device and force the amp to turn on even in case I don't have a preamp with a 12V trigger output.

The load is in serial with the triac but not with the switch so I can use a low current one that usually are little and nicer. I'm not 100% sure how much current I need to feed two Ucd400 but I guess is should be something like 10A.

Any better idea?

Attachments

• schema.jpg
    schema.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 73
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.