Duncan Amps PSU II: Locked Files - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th April 2015, 12:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Duncan Amps PSU II: Locked Files

Hi. I created a circuit and saved it in C:/Program Files/Duncan Amplification/Power Supply Designer II/Examples.

But, the thing is, the saved file has a lock symbol on the icon for the new file I created. And that stops me from moving the file to a new location. In fact I can only see the new file using PSU Designer II - it's invisible to Windows (even when I have ticked "Show hidden files, folders and drives").

I tried messing about with ownership of the file, but I could not change anything, because Windows 7 reports: " Unable to set new owner on <File Specified> . The System cannot find the file specified."

I then navigated Properties>Details and at the bottom of the Details tab is a link of sorts named "Remove Properties and Personal Information". I clicked on that and made sure "Create a copy with all possible properties removed" was ticked.

When I clicked on OK, I got a copy of the file. This time with no lock. Then I could move it to a new location.
Old 26th April 2015, 10:19 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have similar issues in Window 8.1, bunch of files saved in the C:/Program Files/Duncan Amplification/Power Supply Designer II/ however when i open Windows Explorer they aren't visible. Tried your trick above which does duplicate the files, but still cant see them in Explorer.
Old 7th May 2015, 08:35 AM   #3
ClassC is offline ClassC  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Was the application that created the file running when you tried to copy/move?? Most prgms will lock their files while they its running. If so close the prgm.. Just my 2c

Hide this!Advertise here!