12v 100W-150W amplifier or supply for one

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I want to build 150W amplifier for my car, so it needs to run on 12V DC. I know you can't get that much power from just 12V so I will probably have to build one of regular amplifiers from this site and use some kind of DC to DC converter to supply it. I also know that it's much easier to just buy dedicated car amplifier but that is not the topic here.

So my question is: Does anyone know fairly simple 12V amplifier that meets my requirements or does anyone here know any tested simple dc to dc converter?

I tried to find converter, but couldn't find one that meets my requirements or isn't too complicated.

Don't hate. Any instructions to similar topics or guides is welcome. I'm here to learn, just couldn't find it on my own. Maybe I just don't know what exactly to search for.

P.S. 12V DC to ±35V would be a blast :)

As simple as it gets

Attachments

• Optimus1971.jpg
    Optimus1971.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 200
Thanks, but what are T and L values?

I'll have to open mine up some time in the next few days and have a look. The L is just 10 gauge magnet wire with maybe 5 or 6 turns around a .25 inch diameter by 1 inch length of ferrite. The T I will have to count windings and look up the codes for the core. At 12 volts the supply is +/- 22 volts and probably 25 or so at 14. The amp is rated at 50x2 so the supply could deal with a 100w mono.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.