Yet another ultra low noise high PSRR LDO - LT3042

Thanks
And what do you think about the results .....

Is it a good idea to use it in a DAC for VREF ?

Serge

I replaced the tridents (4 years old model) of my buffalo and the lt3042 regs get to stay. I get more bass. At first I thought the sound a bit sharp but it has mellowed/I have gotten used to it. Like some changes do this brought an urge to spend waay to much time listening to music:)

I'm glad i tried them. Thanks to zarandok sharing his design it is easy to try them out and see if they suit your dac/taste. As hifi-parts go they really are quite inexpensive.

I replaced the tridents (4 years old model) of my buffalo and the lt3042 regs get to stay. I get more bass. At first I thought the sound a bit sharp but it has mellowed/I have gotten used to it. Like some changes do this brought an urge to spend waay to much time listening to music:)

I'm glad i tried them. Thanks to zarandok sharing his design it is easy to try them out and see if they suit your dac/taste. As hifi-parts go they really are quite inexpensive.

i just ordered 10pcb ....;)

Last edited:
Hi samoloko, please see the BOM: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachments/power-supplies/670048d1521626903-ultra-low-noise-psrr-ldo-lt3042-bom_lt3042v1-1-zip

The key components are the reference resistor and capacitor, they must be the highest quality possible.

The shunt is another cup of tee, must be calculated individually! If you wish I can help you...

Hi
Thanks a lot to share your project.

I have ordered a few PCB and i have some questions

On the picture :Yet another ultra low noise high PSRR LDO - LT3042

There are two R = 0 Ohm , one for ILIM and what is the oher one ?

Is it a good idea to have Cin=Cout=Cset ,Murata GJ8 X7R / 1206 / 4,7uF / 50V

What are your advices about the resistor choice ?

Thanks
Serge

If you do not need current limiting, the ILIM pin must be grounded (0R).
The other is the power good feedback, if you need fast startup you must populate this PGFB resistors (e.g. 450k/50k), please see datasheet!

Murata GJ8 is a good choice, these are reduced noise ceramic types.

For Cset would be a good foil cap (w/o piezoelectric effect) the best, but they are very big...

For Rset use thin-film type, they have minimal current noise (and costs more of course).

Cheers!

Last edited:
For your question....
PLEASE READ THE DATASHEET... PLEASE.... PLEASE....

Attachments

• LT342 PGFB.PNG
    LT342 PGFB.PNG
    65.2 KB · Views: 635
  • LT342 PGFB_2.PNG
    LT342 PGFB_2.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 628
Last edited: