Questions regarding the build-up for 100A 12V SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, i am a new to the radio controled toys domain. But not new to electronics and smps`s :)
Therefore i want to build a "little" smps capable of 12-13V max and rated at 100 Amps to substitute a li-po battery for matlab/software testing of the desired toy without the need of constantly recharge after tests my lipo battery...

Ok, so my design relais on clasical SG3525 bufferd with IR2110 and IRG4PC40 in halfbridge configuration.
The switching frequency would be 50khz, using ETD59 core.
The supply bank capacitors for halfbridge power stage is formed from 2x2000uf/250Vdc

The ouput power would be somewhere at 1300-1500W maximum.
The primary winding is formed from 20 turns split in two, with secondary interleaved between the primary halfs.
For 1.10 ratio, at 155V in primary, in secondary for 2 turns would mean aprox 15.5V.

My main question is regarding the construction of the secondary winding wich is consist of 0.1mm x 40 mm copper foil, 5 pieces in paralel.
The copper foils are not isolated between each copper sheet, only between "turns"

I atached a image showing the individual copper sheets per turn, with red line as isolation between each turn. ( THIS IS ONLY FOR THE SECONDARY HIGH CURRENT WINDING).

Hope i explaind corectly...
Ok, so this kind of winding tehnique is it ok? or i must isolate every copper foil against each other?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you dont isolate, it will be just a single 0.5mmx40mm foil . Not 5x0.1x40.

that is what i keep telling myself. In the end i think i will go with this aproach.

Maybe i will lower a bit the primary turns , and get a middle point fron the 2 turns in the secondary winding, this way for full rectification i will ned only 2 diodes, and the middle point would be the ground conection.

Hello all, thank you for you responses.
Due to high current i would go for a center taped secondary full rectification.

However i dont remember anymore what was the curent rating for the secondary diodes.

I atached the picture with equivalent circuit

Currents I1 and I2 for each diode is half of the total current for the load ? Or is it the same through every half wave?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1) During each Power Pulse from the primary, each diode will carry the full 100 Amps average current (+/- ripple amps) for less than half the time period.
2) Are you going to use an Output Inductor to keep the current "free-wheeling" when the Push-Pull primary is off? During this "free-wheeling" period each Diode will conduct half-the average current.

Hello all, regarding the ouput inductor i was thinking of 47uH with 5strands of 2.5mm copper wire with teflon isolation, around a T200-2 micrometal core, or maybe i have som etd29 cores to use them... first of all i started etching the pcb and after i can see that i can drag at least 90 A at 12V i will go indeepth with detalis...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.