Can one tell if PSU is the problem just by listening?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
^This guy has 3 or more threads open, concerning the same thing
(he's acquired an old AVR receiver and wants to build sumptin easy)
noobs don't know enough to ask the right questions, so now he's got about a half dozen of you DIYA folks twirling about. haha

correction 4 threads now and a dozen regulars contributing.

short attention span is an epidemic. not against the rules no, but the public shouldn't be abused to your confusions either.

As a senior member of thus forum, you must be having a tough time controlling these types of multiple posts, isn't it? I would suggest a simple configuration change by the forum admin on the server side to setup a rule so that a member can only start a maximum number of threads in a given time frame. This would free up your time and also stop you from guessing what the public considers abuse or not. To me they were very helpful so far, learning a lot... it is fun..

Last edited:
I can suggest how I learned the basics even before I graduated HS, by reading device data sheets. then built upon that by building and measuring PS and amplifiers , but knew ohms law backwards and forward by then too. after that your questions will be more focused resulting in answers that make sense to your level.
The "public" forum and "guessing" go together don't they.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.