Reflektor-D builds

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
MTP3055VL is NMOS when IRF9610 is PMOS. Malfunction rightfully happened. I would expect stress on M2 but current mirror shut down. Thus no stress on all the small transistors.
Also a big strain on M1 (the higher the Tx the more). So replace M2 with new proper MTP3055VL and M1 with another IRF9610. Let me know if OK or what abnormal behavior happened next.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I don't have enough semiconductor parts for assembling more than a couple of boards myself. Let alone sinks reservoir caps etc. Only few samples of various bits for experiments I usually keep. Try Tea if he can help with M1 M2 spares. Or Mouser if you have a list of things to add for reaching free shipping threshold.

Hi Salas, I use a Reflektor-D with my Buffalo II DAC which sounds great. I have just increased CM to a Mundorf 22000uf 25V (C1 is an Audyn True Copper 0.1uf) which to my ears sounds even better.

I noticed that whenever I hold the heat sink with my hands the DAC looses lock. Could this be a grounding issue? The DAC itself is not grounded. The transformers and IEC are. Any idea how to solve this issue? The Buffalo is also very sensitive to light switches even though I have already put some filtering in place.