Reflektor-D builds

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Only for the initial test, unless the test feed comes from a bench supply that you can set a current limit. Though you can still fuse the incoming DC line for extra peace of mind during service life. But the transformer primary is necessary to fuse. What about the temps at such high current level that you use? On board sinks holding enough? Mike sent you the 5cm tall ones, right?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
So I am considering using a reflektor to power an oscillator.

Can the reflektor provide about 2VDC? The oscillator will run down to 1.7V, and I can go up to 2V, maybe a little higher but would prefer not to go over 2.

TIA
Randy

No. Only down to 3.3V if you want its current mirror surely in spec. Talking the Ref-D not some p2p tweaked Reflektor with pull ups. You can use a low impedance voltage divider on its output though. Divides the noise too. In some apps low Zo its not the priority. Only wide flat Zo and low 1/F.

No. Only down to 3.3V if you want its current mirror surely in spec. Talking the Ref-D not some p2p tweaked Reflektor with pull ups. You can use a low impedance voltage divider on its output though. Divides the noise too. In some apps low Zo its not the priority. Only wide flat Zo and low 1/F.

OK, I was asking about the PWB version, I have a couple of them to play with.

So I may still try it with a voltage divider, or I may go a different route now.:scratch:

Thanks
Randy

Better use them for general PSU at 5V and tap off to some super low noise LDO chip dedicated next to the osc.

That's what I was thinking about. Looking at some little Linear Tech linear regs. Just bought a SOT23 adapter, and figured I could put the reg right next to the oscillator with a few sm caps for decoupling.

Thanks
Randy