power supply for IRS2092S chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
Very new to the forum. I'm looking into building my own mono car amplifier for a subwoofer based off of the IRS2092 (reference design below):
http://www.irf.com/technical-info/refdesigns/iraudamp7s.pdf

My concerns at the moment are for the power supply. I skimmed the beginner chip amp section where a 120v step down converter is used to get the dual rail supply for the chip but I only have 12V input to play with in the car (unless I used an inverter to get mains voltages but that seems like an unnecessary detour around the problem).

I need some sort of boost converter to get the +/-35V (looking to try for 350W output power). The question is, I only have experience in building an isolated flyback converter and that was a pain and a half to find the right transformer for the job. I could go the non isolated route and use two single rail inductor based boost converters and cascade them to get +/-35v but it would need to survive the massive input current to get a 350W output.

Question is, am I missing something here? Feels like I can't see an easier way to power this amplifier because I've been over thinking it, I've got tunnel vision haha.

Any suggestions/recommendations/opinions as to how to approach the power supply design stage would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

And apologies if I completely missed a sticky thread that explains my problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.