I'm new and need capacitor help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm brand new here and did some searches for an answer but did not come up with anything onpoint. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

I've been a USER of high-end audio for 25 years. I am finally starting to do my own mods and repairs.

I am changing the switchmode PSU in my Meridian 861v4 digital processor/preamp to a linear power supply which I purchased on eb@y.

The PSU is a Power One HDBB 105W-A (Brand New Old Stock)

My question is: While I'm at it, should I change any/all of the capacitors to a better brand / different values if my purpose is to get the cleanest AC for audiophile sound?

If yes, what are your recommendations for the parts and where can I get them?

Thank you all for any help you can give a new hobbyist.

Albert

Don't change cap values unless you can reverse-engineer the existing cicuit, then redesign it better than the original designer. Naive DIYers sometimes believe that more uF must be better. Not always true.

Cap brands is largely a matter of taste, fashion and depth of pocket. If a cap does what the designer intended (usually, act as a cap - but imperfectly) then what is written on the outside does not affect the sound unless the listener knows what is written on the outside.

I hope to achieve cleaner power with less noise. Meridian used switch mode supplies for years and now have changed all of their top products back to linear. While they run hotter and are heavier, the benefits to the sound are cleary audible.

Thank you all for your responses. I see all of those 'mod' companies include what they describe as 'higher quality' or 'audiophile-grade' capacitors and merely wondered if there is a benefit to changing the existing caps (I can find the brand/values out) in the PSU while I have everything apart.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.