Enough current to turn on 3 mosfets?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got the final pieces I needed to assemble a new mobo today. I haven't yet gotten to the stage of installing the OS etc, but I couldn't resist testing this ATX power control board (with its on-board measurement pre-amp) and....

:wave2s:

it seems to actually work! I can power up into the bios and power down via the front panel switch. I think I can tentatively say that the TPS3510 circuitry works. More testing to come.

Also, my Juli@ arrives tomorrow. Right now, I think I need a:

:drink:

I redid the measurements with the changes to the resistor values and with the Juli@ XTe. I have still only entered the modelled gain of the pre-amp rather than measured its actual value. I think all these need to be taken with a bit of salt. Clearly specialty equipment is really required to do this sort of stuff well. I wonder if Mark has access to such in order to measure the regulator board he put together.

Attachments

• 12V.jpg
    12V.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 5V.jpg
    5V.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 3V3.jpg
    3V3.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 124
Joined 2011
Paid Member
No, I only built that regulator to see whether I could get the whole thing to work on the very first try, including double shunt regulated VREF (from the raw DC input, a la Sulzer), opamp powered from the input for better load regulation, and a single MOSFET pass transistor + frequency compensation circuit that works with 0.6 MHz opamps and with 60 MHz opamps. Having achieved those objectives, I do not plan to put it through further testing. Besides, I've got newer ideas that I am convinced will perform much better. If I only get one chance to submit a board to Jack Walton and the New Jersey Audio Society for rigorous testing, I don't want to squander it on a preliminary effort which lacks many of the hot rod parts, unorthodox stunts, and exotic departures from conventional practice that I'm considering.

If I only get one chance to submit a board to Jack Walton and the New Jersey Audio Society for rigorous testing, I don't want to squander it on a preliminary effort which lacks many of the hot rod parts, unorthodox stunts, and exotic departures from conventional practice that I'm considering.

For true glory I suspect you will need to submit both positive and negative regs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.