hopefully sorta simple question. powering a chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So it's becoming excepted that the ten tec 937 or the equivalent astron is the best possible PS for powering the tpa3116 chip amp. It's said to be besting PS's for much more money.
I'm looking to build an amp using 2 of these 3116's and am wondering how to go about using one of the ten tec/astron units.

Would it be OK to run 2 amps from 1 PS that only has 1 -&+ lead on the back?
Or do I need to find one with 2 of each?

The 3116 calls for a brick PS that is ~21amps and 5 v
The ten tec being touted as the best PS 13.8vdc and 7amps

If it's even possible to run 2 amps from one supply. What kind of numbers would I be looking for?
Thanks so much!
Mike

(21v/5a typo)
13.8v 14amp astron specs I think

google astron powersupply for comments on built quality, how to improve? and how astron spec would compare to other (quick read: 40% astron rated amp= "normally"' rated amp???)

edit: does everybody like tuby soundEQ added to 3116? do all tubepre's change sound equally? LOL, no. To me rhing seems to have good system, I believe he said it is mayor improvement over laptop powerbrick. Did he try battery, other smps's than laptop powerbrick even different laptop powerbricks or other powersupply?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.